i wanna be a reverse tooth fairy where i rob people and then scatter human teeth on their bed
i dont know what your dentist is doing to you but i think you need to go to the police
Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell doing the voices for Elsa and Anna
requested by: anonymous
How did I never realize Idina is standing exactly like Elsa here?!?? And damn Anna looks just like Kristen in that last one.
Did you know they film them recording voices, because animators often go back and look at the film and try to put some of the actors movements/faces in there? I’m not 100% sure on this but I’m pretty sure they do!
if you’re a fic writer or an aspiring fic writer or if you ever think you want to try your hand at writing something, whether it’s a little blurb in the comments of a post or a full-on longfic then please do yourself a favor
bar yourself from ever using “the other man/woman/person,” “the soldier,” “the hunter,” “the knight,” “the brown-eyed woman,” “the blonde,” or any other kind of epithet when you’ve got a situation describing two people who use the same pronouns
forcing yourself to be creative with your pronoun use and antecedent placement will make you a better writer and i can guarantee you that
#probably my number-one turn-off tbh#’he took the other man’s—’ closes tab exits browser disconnects internet#and don’t try to give me that ‘well sometimes i need to refer to them as-’ no. no you know EXACTLY what imt alking about#and you know exactly the context in which i’m talking about these things#you’re honestly only doing yourself a favor if you avoid these epithets#it cuts off your easy out and it forces you to rethink exactly who is doing what in a scene#that thing i posted last night was probably one of the harder things i’ve written#purely because i had to describe two people using the same set of pronouns#and i refused to name one of them until ~3/4 of the way through#really honestly truly THIS WILL HELP YOU anything that makes you really look at your language use is good advice (basiacat)
↳ N → nice try…but no
"It’s the age of celebrity. It’s the age of social media. But for we old school girls who don’t want to show up at every single event just ‘cause… I don’t tweet–I have nothing to say. I’m not on Facebook. I mean it sounds like I have plenty to say, but that’s to people who I’m in a room with. I’m not that interesting, and the rest is none of your business." - Gina Torres
Can I just say that one of my very favorite parts of Winter Soldier was Nick Fury cocking an eyebrow at the police officers side-eyeing his expensive vehicle and sneering, “You wanna see my lease?”
Because the idea of Nick Motherfucking Fury having to deal with shit as disgusting and petty as racial profiling is sort of painfully realistic and heartbreaking. He’s hugely, massively powerful, and he’s sitting in his bulletproof car pondering decisions of worldwide import, but also he gets pulled over sometimes and asked for his registration because the police assume he stole it.
Ack. I was just so pleased that they included that line.
yeah the import of that really struck me the second time I watched the movie.
What I Mean When I Say I’m Sex Negative
- that sex positive feminism has little room for survivors of assault
- that sex positive feminism has little interest in helping people who don’t want their sex-life to be a coping mechanism from trauma
- that sex positive feminism prioritizes individual pleasure over critical thinking skills
- that sex positive feminism should be critiqued!
- that not all “kinks” are okay
- that people are allowed to not be interested in hearing about your sex life
- that people are allowed to not enjoy sex
- that people are allowed to be scared of sex
- that no one needs to have or enjoy sex to prove how empowered they are
What I Don’t Mean
- I’m going to yell at individual adults who have consensual sex.
- I’m anti-sex
- I’m anti-kink
- I’m against coping mechanisms and survival
To add a few of my own as a sex negative sex worker:
- that sex positive feminism tends to glorify sex work and in doing so silences sex workers when we speak out about the problems with sex work that sex posi feminists don’t talk about
- sex posi feminism perpetuates seemingly good stereotypes about sex work but ends up harming sex workers
- sex posi feminism prioritizes aspects of sex work that are supposed to be the “better” parts of it without understanding outside oppressive forces (see: having orgasms at work is great!)
- sex posi feminism tends to ignore outside oppressive forces in general like racism, transphobia, classism, etc.
Anonymous asked: (~￣▽￣)~
(~￣▽￣)~ - A picture of something in your room
I’M AT THE OFFICE
here, have a picture of the thing my sister bought me in Mexico
FROM A DISTANCE IT LOOKS LIKE A LADY BUT REALLY IT’S TWO DRAGONS FRENCH KISSING
AVOCADO SANDWICH WITH GREEN HARISSA // Makes 2
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 2 jalepenos, stemmed and seeded to your heat preference
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp. each cumin, ground fennel seed, sea salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 whole grain rolls or 4 pieces bread of choice
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 small bulb fennel, sliced super thin
In a food processor, add the garlic, cilantro, mint, parsley, jalepenos, lemon juice, cumin, fennel, salt and pulse to combine. With the motor going, drizzle in the olive oil until blended but still a little rough. Transfer to a container and set aside.
Toast your bread. Mash up the avocado with a pinch of salt. Spread a few spoonfuls of harissa on one side of the bread and mash half the avocado into the other side of the bread. Layer a piece of romaine and a handful of thin sliced fennel and close up your sammy to enjoy or pack for an adventure.